Home / Business (page 20)

Business

  • KARACHI: Governor Sindh, Muhammad Zubair receiving shield from CEO-SME Business Solution, Waliullah Khan, at Governor House, yesterday.

  • KARACHI: Group photo of President FPCCI Zubair Tufail with Shujaat Ali Baig, Dr. Murtaza Mughal, Director Sindh Information Akhter Suria, Syed Nasir Wajahat and other participants of 5th Public Relations Committee meeting held at Federation House, yesterday.

‘80pc NTC budget goes to non-development expenditure’

From Our Correspondent ISLAMABAD: The Senate’s Standing Committee on Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunications was told yesterday that 80 percent of the budget of National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) went to administrative work and human resource matters leaving only 20 per cent for other expenses and projects. The committee met here …

Read More »

Transfer of Rs570bn in first quarter substantive: Dar

Ishaq-Dar

FEDERAL GOVT TRANSFERS TO PROVINCES INCREASES BY 37%  From Our Correspondent ISLAMABAD: Owing to the higher tax collections, the amount transferred by the federal government to the provinces has increased substantially by over 37 percent during the first quarter of the current fiscal year (2017-18). The federal government transferred an …

Read More »

Pak needs $40bln to deal with climate change issues: Mushahidullah

Pak-needs

From Our Correspondent ISLAMABAD: Minister for Climate Change, Senator Mushahidullah Khan yesterday said Pakistan is facing climate change issues and needs 40 billion dollars to deal with them. The country is facing climate change issues in forms of floods,droughts, sea intrusion and glacier lake outbursts floods. Talking to Director General …

Read More »

‘Carrot cultivation be completed latest by mid October’

FAISALABAD: Agriculture experts have advised growers to complete late sowing of carrots immediately by mid-October. A spokesman of Agriculture (Extension) department said here yesterday that carrot is used widely in Pakistan as it is a rich source of several vitamins and minerals. Therefore, the farmers should cultivate approved varieties of …

Read More »

K-Electric’s average tariff cut by Rs2.83

By Commerce Reporter KARACHI: The Multi Year Tariff (MYT) for Karachi Electric Ltd yesterday has finally been approved for a period of 7 years (starting July’16) against the management’s demand of 10 years. The new tariff has been approved at Rs.12.77/KwH which is slightly above the tariff finalized earlier at …

Read More »

GE Lighting, IEC announce strategic partnership

GE-Lighting

From Our Correspondent LAHORE: The Imperial Electric Company (IEC), a premiere engineering company, and GE Lighting, today announced a strategic partnership aimed at creating a channel platform to identify and deliver the most cost effective and efficient GE Lighting capabilities across a wide range of sectors, including, home, retail, office …

Read More »

75pc civil work of Orange Line Metro Train project completed

ISLAMABAD: Seventy-five per cent civil work of Orange Line Metro Train project has so far been completed. A spokesman of Punjab Mass Transit Authority, yesterday, said that twenty seven trains will be operated under the OLMT and each train consists of five carriages. He said separate seats have been reserved …

Read More »

USC establishes quality control department

From Our Correspondent ISLAMABAD: The Utility Stores Corporation (USC) has established a quality control department to check the quality of daily use items being sold at its outlets across the country. Before awarding contract, the department will get samples of various items from all tender holders which will be sent …

Read More »

Sindh governor greets traders for supporting govt

By Commerce Reporter KARACHI: Sindh Governor, Muhammad Zubair, yesterday, appreciated the support extended by the traders and other members of business community to the government in strengthening national economy. Talking to a delegation of FB Area Association of Trade and Industry, he said stable law and order situation followed by …

Read More »